Restoring physiological homeostasis for a healthier life
Patients suffering from problems requiring procedures under anaesthetic care and/or chronic pain therapy can suffer from long-term side effects which can negatively influence healthy ageing. With our research, we want to optimally maintain or restore physiological homeostasis in these patients, thus improving their quality of life.
Our research areas are:
- Peri-operative pharmacology, Prof.dr. Michel Struys
- Neuroanaesthesia and perioperative neuroscience, Prof.dr. Anthony Absalom
- Haemodynamic monitoring, microcirculation and tissue oxygenation, Prof.dr. Thomas Scheeren
- Chronic and oncologic pain, Prof.dr. Andre Wolff
- Medical Education, Prof.dr. Götz Wietasch