Apply for beam time
The PARTREC accelerator facility performs irradiations with protons and heavy ions for radiobiology research and radiation hardness testing of electronics.
For more information or to apply for beam time you can find our contact details on the bottom of the page.
Information we need
- Beam Particle
- 10-184 MeV for protons
- Maximum 90 MeV per amu for 4He, 12C, 16O of 20Ne
- 30 MeV per amu 20Ne, 40Ar, 84Kr of 129Xe
- 1E4-1E8 protons per cm2 per second (depending on field)
- 10-10E5 ions per cm2 per second for heavy ions
- Field shape and size Field homogeneity
- Description of samples (dimensions/materials)
- Preference for the period in which irradiation is to be planned
For proton and carbon beams we can also irradiate using a spread-out Bragg peak.
Commercial and Scientific Access
Commercial beam hours can be obtained without a proposal (see contact information below for beam time requests).
For scientific research, there are a number of ways that beam hours can be funded at our facility. Generally speaking, proposals have to be submitted through the website of the individual project (see list below) after first consulting PARTREC staff about the feasibility and the overall planning of your experiment. We then appreciate receiving the proposals submitted in the framework of these projects. Here are projects that offer funding: