How our research benefits to society
Having all these elements in-house in the Health Technology Research & Innovation Cluster allows us to do something exceptional: we combine healthcare, research, education and entrepreneurship, and focus on the entire innovation chain within this interdisciplinary cluster. This runs from:
- Articulation of a question or issue from society and clinical practice;
- through groundbreaking scientific innovations to;
- first-in-human application.
Focus on the interplay
- Operating Theatre of the Future: Surgical techniques with calculated accuracy
- Replacement and Improvement in the Human Body: From biomaterials to 3D technology
- Innovative Technology with Local Precision: Observation, monitoring and targeted treatment.
Our strong and unique Health Technology cluster in the northern Netherlands stimulates interdisciplinary research and facilitates a one-of-a-kind environment focused on open innovation for collaboration between various professional fields and external partners. The ecosystem aims to share knowledge and expertise, and to use these in the Netherlands and the rest of the world.
We have to do this together with institutions, businesses and governments in order to collectively contribute to a more sustainable Netherlands.