In research we aim to
- optimize the diagnosis of abnormalities in the head and neck area,
- develop methods that limit the chance of these abnormalities developing, or undesirable consequences and morbidity of their treatment,
- evaluate the “outcome” of (new) treatment modalities for these abnormalities.
In many areas, our research program fits perfectly within the research centers / institutes and schools of the Faculty of Medical Sciences and the UMCG, in particular within following institutes:.
Research institute Kolff
- Oral surgical applications of biomaterials
- Oral surgical applications of bioresorbable materials
Research institute CRCG
Premalignant abnormalities and early diagnostics long-term effects of oncological treatment
Research institute Guide
- Autoimmunity Inflammation and pain
Research institute SHARE
- Minimally invasive treatment of temporomandibular joint disease.
- Long-term effects and side effects of obstructive sleep-apnea-hypopnea syndrome (OSAS) treatments
- Life lines & Dental life Lines
Information for patients and referrers (Dutch)