Improve treatment for patients with blood cancers
Although therapies for blood cancers, such as leukemia and lymphoma, in general, have improved over the years, some forms still display high mortality rates. With our research programme, we want to improve the current treatments of the different forms of leukemia and lymphoma by focusing on alternatives for chemotherapy.
To achieve this goal, we use a combination of approaches:
- We investigate the molecular mechanisms regulating leukemia, lymphoma and ageing.
- We pursue a translational approach.
- We study cells obtained from patients.
- We use stem cell technology.
- We collaborate with routine diagnostics labs and the pharmaceutical industry.